Tuesday, May 12, 2015

April 24, 2015 Summer Internship experience

Last summer I was an intern at the Yale Peabody Vertebrate Zoology Lab. My lab partner, Jake Longley and I skinned over 100 specimen, from lizards to sea turtles. I have always had an interest in biology, and zoology is a branch of biology that relates to the animal kingdom. Zoology also explains the structure, evolution, classification, and distribution of all animals both living and extinct, and how they interact with their ecosystems. I never knew of all the careers you can pursue, and that is something that I learned through The Evolutions After School program and Bay & Paul. 

Additionally, I have become interested in ecology, which pertains to environmental science in many ways. Bay & Paul helped spark my interest in environmental science, and made me think about the environment we live in. I have become more aware of the things people do to the environment. I have also improved my communication skills, so I can advocate and defend myself when environmental topics arise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment