Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Introducing Me!

Ashley Ceravone
Environmental Leaders
May 24th, 2016

To introduce myself: my name is Ashley Ceravone, I am a rising senior at Cooperative Arts and Humanities High School in New Haven Connecticut, and I am enrolled in the Evolutions Program at the Peabody Museum.  But, more importantly, I recently joined the Environmental Leaders internship for this summer with the Peabody.

When I joined EVO, I honestly had no interest in any science career.  Being a sophomore at a completely new school, (I had started my freshman year at Derby High School and got enrolled to attend Co-op my sophomore year) I had no idea what I wanted my future to look like.  Being immersed into a science based program that provided excellent resources (not to brag, but EVO's pretty amazing) guided me into an internship that just may lead me into a possible career.

When I found out about the Environmental Leaders internship, it immediately sparked my interest.  Not only over the course of my EVO years have I grown an interest to the topic, but, once I found out the interdisciplinary aspect of the research that involves politics, I knew this was right up my alley.

I have always been aware of social inequality; and taking an American Politics and Government AP class this year helped me narrow down my career path in politics.  But, what I never knew could have a correlation to politics is Environmental Science.  Not only am I grateful for my internship opportunity EVO has given me, I am excited to bring a topic that I love and a topic I am relatively new to, together to conduct research that can have an impact on not only my life, but the community in which I live in.


No comments:

Post a Comment